Admission to Science
Admission to the Faculty of Science is competitive, and averages vary by degree type.
When is admission offered?
- Fall term (September) - All Science degrees
- Winter term (January) - No admission available
- Spring term (May) - Admission to BSc General available
Please note that the application deadline for all degree programs is May 1, 2014
Averages in the University calendar are the minimum averages required to submit an application. Meeting the minimum application average does not guarantee admission; all applicants must meet the competitive average for the program they are applying to. Competitive averages are set by the Dean each year in the fall.
High School Applicants
High School applicants are either currently attending or have already completed High School, and have never taken a post-secondary level course. Qualified High School students may be eligible for Early Admission. Receiving Early Admission allows you to register for courses and set up your timetable as early as Spring.
High School Admission Requirements
High School Early Admission Average
BSc General/Specialization; BSc/BEd = 82%
BSc Specialization in Planning = 82%
BSc Honors = 85%
- Receiving an Early Admission letter will enable you to start the visa process early.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency is required to receive Early Admission
Course Pre-requistes *IMPORTANT
Students applying to a Specialization and Honors degree should be aware that their chosen program may contain courses for which there are specific Grade 12 pre -requisites that must be met in addition to the subjects used for admission. View the Course pre-requisite list above to ensure you have all necessary high school courses.
Post-secondary applicants are students who have completed high school and have taken some post-secondary course work.
- After Degree applicants, Special Students and Visiting Students are included.