Knowledge & Skills Developed:
- Adaptability to different work environments
- Analyzing & modifying behaviour
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills (verbal & written)
- Critical & inferential thinking
- Ethical practice
- Experimental design
- Laboratory equipment operation
- Organization, analysis, & interpretation of scientific data
- Physiological understanding of the human brain & central nervous system
- Project management
- Scientific writing
- Thorough comprehension of perception, motivation, learning, behaviour, cognition, brain development & function
- Clinical Biochemist
- Clinical Neuropsychiatrist
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist
- Forensic Laboratory Analyst
- Forensic Psychologist
- Human-Computer Interface Designer
- Laboratory Technician
- Medical Error Consultant
- Medical Librarian
- Mental Health Clinician
- Pharmaceutical Researcher
- Research Scientist
Note: Additional education or specialized training is required for many occupations.
Explore hundreds of Alberta Occupational Profiles at www.alis.gov.ab.ca/occinfo
- Alberta Hospital Edmonton
- Alberta Research Council
- Autism Linkages Program
- Biomira Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Research Inc.
- Alberta Health Services-Neuropsychology
- CSC Regional Psychiatric Centre
- Edmonton Institution
- Gilead Alberta ULC
- Guardian Chemicals Inc.
- Keegan Psychological Services Ltd.
- LifeMark Health Institute
- Millard Health
- NAEJA Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Nova Chemicals Corp.
- University of Alberta